With the continuous increase of high-end equipment manufacturing over time, and considering the continuous market demand for green environmental protection, more and more green environmental protection products are used in the industry market. As far as the battery industry market is concerned, lithium batteries rely on their Various characteristics that have replaced traditional lead-acid batteries in a short period of time and become the backbone of the energy storage industry market. There are many types of lithium batteries. In a sense, the emergence of lithium polymer batteries has promoted the full development of many electronic products, such as TWS Bluetooth headsets, such as unique small electronic devices. So let’s take a look at which lithium polymer battery and the lithium-ion battery are better today, and what is the difference.
- Lithium-ion battery introduction
It is a secondary battery (rechargeable battery), which works by means of the movement of lithium ions between the positive and negative electrodes. During the discharge process, the Li element intercalates and deintercalates back and forth between the two electrodes; during charging, the Li element falls off the positive electrode, goes through the electrolyte, and intercalates into the negative electrode, and the negative electrode is in a lithium-rich state; when the TV is discharged, it is the other way around. The application prospects of lithium-ion batteries are very broad, and now they are specifically aggregated for mobile phones and laptops, and they are the symbol of modern high-performance batteries.
- Types of Lithium Batteries
According to the different electrolyte materials used in lithium-ion batteries, lithium-ion batteries are divided into liquid lithium-ion batteries (LiquifiedLithium-IonBattery, referred to as LIB) and polymer lithium-ion batteries (PolymerLithium-IonBattery, referred to as PLB) or plastic lithium-ion batteries ( PlasticLithiumIonBatteries, referred to as PLB).
Advantages of lithium-ion batteries:
- Long cycle life. Today, the cycle life of lithium batteries has reached more than a thousand times, and it can reach tens of thousands of times at low discharge depths, which has surpassed other secondary batteries.
- Small self-discharge. The monthly self-discharge rate of lithium batteries is only 6-8%, far less than that of nickel-cadmium batteries (25-30%) and nickel-metal hydride batteries (30-40%).
- No memory effect. It can be recharged at any time as specified without degrading battery performance so easily.
- No pollution to the natural environment. No toxic and harmful substances can be found in the lithium battery, and it is a well-deserved “environmentally friendly battery”. Lithium polymer batteries are an upgraded generation of batteries, which entered the professional market in large quantities in 1999.
- The working standard voltage is high, the working standard voltage of lithium battery is 3.6V, which is 3 times of the working standard voltage of nickel-cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries.
- Higher specific energy. The specific energy of lithium batteries has now reached 100-265Wh/kg, which is 3 times that of nickel-cadmium batteries and 1.5 times that of nickel-metal hydride batteries.
- Lithium batteries are considered to be durable and large in storage! Sometimes the price is higher.
Advantages of polymer batteries
The lithium polymer battery is basically the same as the lithium battery except that the electrolyte is a solid polymer instead of a liquid electrolyte. Polymer electrolyte materials are various types of plastic films composed of power-law fluids in which the oxides of host polymers such as polyethylene act as immobile solvents. The advantages of lithium polymer batteries are that they can be made in any style and are relatively light, considering that they do not contain heavy metals and have a plastic metal casing that keeps the electrolyte from leaking out.
- Lithium polymer battery has small self-discharge and large battery capacity.
It also loses little capacity after long periods of placement. The capacity of polymer lithium batteries is 10-15% higher than that of steel-shell batteries of the same size, and 5-10% higher than that of aluminum-shell batteries, making them the first choice for smartphones and portable electronic devices. Equipment and medical beauty products also mostly use polymer batteries.
- The polymer battery has a long life and can be customized according to customer needs.
Under normal circumstances, its cycle life can reach more than 500 times. Our lithium polymer battery manufacturer does not need to stick to the standard shape and can make the size to meet the customer. The polymer lithium battery can increase or decrease the thickness of the battery cell according to the market demand of customers. The developed battery cell model is affordable and has a short proofing cycle time. Some can even be tailored according to the shape to make full use of the battery shell space to increase battery capacity.
- Polymer batteries have no memory effect and are safe.
There is no need to empty the remaining power before charging, and it is convenient and durable to use. The polymer lithium battery is packaged in aluminum-plastic film in structure, which is different from the metal casing of the liquid battery. If a safety hazard occurs, the liquid battery is more likely to explode, while the polymer battery will only bulge at most.
Lithium polymer battery or lithium-ion battery, which is better?
The lithium-polymer battery is better.
The performance between the two is relatively good, and the ideal lithium polymer battery has a storage capacity of several thousand mA/h, and is safer and more stable. The solid electrolyte is like a sealed glue, and it is not so easy to disintegrate over time during the charging process. Lithium polymer battery is an upgraded product of lithium-ion battery. Compared with today’s popular lithium-ion batteries, it has the advantages of large capacity, small size (thin), safety and reliability (no explosion). However, considering that it takes a certain period of time to upgrade the entire industrial development chain, its cost (cost) is still relatively high, so we have developed different material systems such as lithium cobalt oxide, ternary materials, and lithium manganate. At present, the price of lithium battery materials is rising rapidly. The price of lithium cobalt oxide reaches 450,000-500,000 yuan/ton, the ternary material reaches 350,000-400,000 yuan/ton, and the lithium manganate reaches 110,000-130,000 yuan/ton.
The difference between lithium polymer battery and lithium ion battery
The positive and negative materials used in polymer lithium ion batteries are the same as liquid lithium ions. The positive materials are divided into lithium cobalt oxide, lithium manganate, ternary materials and lithium iron phosphate materials. The negative electrode is high-purity graphite. The working principle of the battery is also basically the same.
The specific difference between the two lies in the difference in the electrolyte. Liquid lithium-ion batteries use liquid electrolytes, while polymer lithium-ion batteries use solid polymer electrolytes. This polymer can also be “dry” or It is “colloidal”, and most of today’s polymer gel electrolytes are used.